Do you know someone in the Colorado health community who has demonstrated exceptional leadership in the areas of rural, migrant or community health? Nominate them today for the new Dr. Virgilio Licona Community Health Leadership Award.
A nationally recognized advocate for social justice and the health of vulnerable populations, Dr. Licona contributed to the health of Coloradans as a physician and expert in rural health care delivery and migrant health. Dr. Licona's role as a leader in communities brought a critical voice to some of the most important conversations and decisions related to how all Coloradans can live the healthiest lives possible.
This award recognizes Coloradans who are working to implement effective solutions to community health barriers within the state. Strong nominees will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Builds bridges among people with differing backgrounds or viewpoints
- Achieves positive change in their community
- Contributes to better public policies and practices in the field
- Represents a community-based organization from any field (education, health, public safety, housing, economic development or the environment) that shows evidence of improving health outcomes in their community
- Creates a positive impact on the delivery of rural health and migrant health and/or overall health of minority communities
*** Each individual is allowed one nomination. Access additional nomination criteria here.
The award will be presented to the recipient at the 2017 Colorado Health Symposium on . Please submit your nomination by on .