February is National Children’s Dental Health Month. In the spirit of encouraging kids to have a lifetime of healthy mouths, the Oral Health Unit at CDPHE encourages medical and dental professionals to:
- Encourage drinking fluoridated tap water.
- Apply fluoride at eruption of the first tooth.
- Facilitate age 1 dental visits.
- Provide oral health evaluations for all children.
- Place dental sealants if you are a dental provider
How can you get the message out?
- Educate parents. Add the Cavity Free at Three pamphlet to well child handouts.
- Get trained. Cavity Free at Three trains providers how to provide and bill for these preventive oral health services. Request a training.
- Ask every parent about their child's oral health.
- Learn more about fluoride supplementation.
- Support oral health services in school settings: SmartMouthsSmartKids.org
We can help you get started, or if you need more training or have any sticky issues.
Read more about NCDHM History, download free materials, or learn more about how to participate in the campaign.