City of Denver Bridging the Gap: Kids and Cops project offers its last 2016 facilitator training Dec. 10 from at Office of Independent Monitor's new office in the Denver Post Building, 101 West Colfax Avenue, Denver. Additional trainings will be offered in 2017.
This training will cover facilitation skills specific to youth/officer dialogue and restorative justice practices. OIM provides a daily stipend for all participants who attend the day training with the expectation that participants will facilitate 3 to 5 forums over the next year.
Register here. Lunch will be provided for all trainings. Check out www.kidsandcops.org for other upcoming facilitation trainings and forums in 2017.
Overall, OIM’s facilitation training series will cover the following topics:
· Facilitation Skills specific to youth/officer dialogue
· Restorative Justice Principles
· Emotional Intelligence
· Trauma-Informed Practice
· Positive Youth Development
· Constitutional Rights and Responsibilities
· Proper Police Practice
· Common laws affecting Denver youth, i.e. marijuana, traffic &curfew
· Implicit Bias