The Protect What’s Next Adventures series will offer 12 adventures from now until June 2017, covering topics ranging from pro sports medicine, to firefighting and photography. Each free adventure allows young people to meet experts from diverse fields and participate in an interactive, immersive experience. Each adventure will give up to 20 young people the opportunity to spend the day connecting with individuals who have followed their passions and successfully achieved their goals.
The first Protect What’s Next Adventure — Become an ARTrepreneur — will be held Saturday, Dec. 10. Focusing on artists who transformed their love of crafting into successful businesses, this adventure will be held at Winter Session, a Denver-based canvas and leather goods company. Youth will tour the workshop, connect with local entrepreneurs, participate in discussions about starting their own businesses, and create their own leather goods.Future Protect What’s Next Adventures include:
- Culinary Arts, hosted by Kelly Whitaker, Basta.
- Instameet Photography Adventure, hosted by multiple Colorado photographers.
- Denver Street Art, hosted by the Rino Arts District.
- Black Canyon Astronomy/Nighttime Photography, hosted by Dave Lane.
- SUP (Stand-up Paddle Boarding) Yoga, hosted by Sarah Russell.