The Comprehensive Cancer Program and Women's Wellness Connection (WWC) of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) have funds to support implementation projects in the following areas highlighted in the Colorado Cancer Plan:
- Efforts to increase HPV Vaccine uptake (Goal 3-Objective 3.2)
- Efforts to decrease UV exposure and increase sun protection (Goal 2-Objective 2.3)
- Efforts to increase cancer survivorship opportunities (Goals 8, 9, 10)
- Efforts to increase breast and cervical cancer screenings and follow-up care (Goal 3-Objective 3.1; Goals 5, 6, 7, 11)
The purpose of the projects are intended to pilot, support, extend, or expand the work that an organization, group, or task force is currently doing in one of these areas, and there is not an ask or expectation to establish a brand new large scale project.
Participants should use the 2016-2020 Colorado Cancer Plan as a guide for determining the proposed project. The Colorado Cancer Plan is a comprehensive plan addressing a number of goals and strategies that target cancer prevention and control activities.
- To apply, please complete the 2017 Mini Grant Application.
- Submissions will be accepted on a first come first serve basis (as long as funds are available) to Becky Selig via email at email@example.com.
- Organizations will be notified of award status approximately 1-2 weeks after submission is received.
- Organizations and groups can request up to $5,000.00.
- Mini grant projects must be completed by - please note, the funding can be used in conjunction with other funding an organization has available. If that is the case, it is permissible to extend the project beyond , but please be very clear in the application what portion of the project funds and deliverables are associated with this funding (and will be complete by ) versus another source.